Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Big 0-5

Alas, we reach yet another milestone - leaving childhood behind and entering "kid-dom". Ethan had his first "friend" party. Imagine - a house full of 3 to 6 year old boys! It was scary and fun all at the same time! :)

I wish I could say I made the cake - I chickened out last minute and paid someone else to. Probably why it looks so good!

All the brave knights got to take a whack at the evil dragon who stole their treasure. Special thanks go out to my FHS homies for suggesting this one! Big hit! Of course, as predicted, the dragon could not be vanquished by bat alone, so we let the boys tear into it after about 10 minutes of pummelling. They went straight for the chocolate...imagine that.





I read them all a knight story and then knighted each one issuing them their own sword and sheild. I think it only took 5 minutes for someone to break theirs. Ah, well - they had fun breaking it and that's all that matters.

It was a fun day - but I'm glad I don't plan on doing this every year!

No comments: