Thursday, February 21, 2008

Concessions?

For those of you praying - be encouraged and keep it up. Rob has conceeded sole religious upbringing responsibility to me. And this last weekend, I found out he's been liquidating our retirment money. Once I got my lawyer involved with this, his lawyer (who since Dec. has not been in any hurry to get him to meet deadlines or disclose information, etc.) has shown a very sudden interest in getting things settled sooner rather than later...I think she realized he will not be able to pay her very soon. Especially if he's not allowed to liquidate the retirement. Still no job. He also agreed to allow me to file my own taxes in light of this.

I've been praying that he would begin to feel the consequences of his actions and choices. I'm seeing it. His creditors have been calling me looking for him. If we are sucessful in freezing his access to the retirement, and he doesn't get a full time job or at least another part time or two, then his source of income is essentially cut off and it's only a matter of time before he's either sleeping in his car, in a shelter, or has to start doing the "move in with a girlfriend" thing. Unless this pain restores his right mind and leads him to repentance and help. Keep praying. I don't want to be here with the boys when he falls apart - I'd like to be home in Ohio. And I'd like to be free to go (i.e. have everything wrapped up legally) BEFORE my 18th anniversary.

I'll try to get some pics of the boys up soon - been quite busy with the new full time working single mommy gig.

No comments: