Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Theater

This should probably go under one of my favorites, but I just have to say...

I am REALLY enjoying getting back involved in theater again. Working as the high school Tech director is stoking that flame that I allowed to die down some. It was being fanned some at Real Life Church and that is one thing I was really bummed about when making my decision to move to Ohio. Now, I'm learning a lot more about the sound and lights, and enjoying the energy of the high school students. Plus this experience is solidifying something I kinda figured in college - tech crew folks are a lot of fun! Not nearly as much drama or as many divas back in the booth as there are on the stage! ;) I'm starting to inquire about possibilities at my new church, and once I have my vocal surgery and get recovered, I want to start looking into community theater and opportunities around the Cincy area.

Why did I pull back from this activity that I enjoy so very much? Oh, right. I did it because I thought my theater involvement was taking too much time and attention away from my husband and I wanted to be a loyal wife and concentrate on our relationship and marriage...

I'm going to try really hard to believe I didn't waste my efforts. From my end, it taught me love that is sacrificial, that is unconditional, that is more interested in the other person than in yourself. So that wasn't wasted, I suppose. I'm a better woman for it. Can't help that the recipient wasted it for himself. Guess that's what "unconditional" really means, huh?

My children are going to enjoy growing up "in the theater" I think. Noah was quite a hit with the older kids when I took him along the other day. I'm taking them to see our production of "Really Rosie" on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: