Thursday, August 6, 2009

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

This was my boy's second live theater experience. The first they saw was Seussical. They loved it and stayed interested, but afterwards wanted NOTHING to do with meeting the cast - the costumes were too outrageous I think. And they were much younger. In this one, everyone looked like people, and Ethan and Noah wanted to meet them ALL afterwards. With a cast of at least 40 people, I limited them to a few choice characters...

This is the son of my colleague at Lakota East. She is the theater director. She was able to share this experience with both her children as they were all in the show together! What fun! Often, her kids will "babysit" mine when I am there working on lights and sound for a show and have to bring Ethan and Noah along. They love this guy...he takes them exploring around the school and theater!
I thought is amusing that 1)Noah will not smile for any of these photos and 2) he kept making sure his frog was in the picture. Strangely appropriate foreshadowing to have a frog in the story of Joseph... :)
This character is always a favorite - Pharoh ala Elvis.

The production's Joseph. He is a local dentist. Did a fine job.
This was produced by the Mason Community Theater. It was a huge cast and they had several very nice voices. Not as high energy in the dance department as I've seen in other productions, but one was a high school and the other was the touring professional show with Donny Osmond. This is one of my favorite shows.



No comments: