Monday, October 26, 2009

Engagement

Saturday, October 24, 2009: Steve Wegman, his boys, myself and my boys all went to celebrate the fall at Niederman Farm in West Chester. As the boys ran off to play, Steve and I sat down at a picnic table and he pulled out a beautiful ring and asked me to be his wife! He later recreated the moment in front of all the boys so they would be a part of it. I thought that was so wonderfully creative and considerate! He even got down on one knee! All the boys clapped and were very excited. Ethan, at first, thought maybe it wasn't' real so he asked "wait a minute...did you really ask her or were you just faking?" HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I remember Michelle Smith of RLC over at my house with all the other wonderful ladies supporting me right after Rob left and telling me for some reason she kept sensing the number "3" when she prayed for me. She had no idea if it was because there were 3 of us (myself, Ethan and Noah) or what, but had a strong sense it meant "3 years". This summer, when we plan to wed, will be 3 years after Rob left.

God is faithful and a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Oh, how He loves you and me!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats, Lori!!! Or, I should say, congrats to this lucky man. He's getting a great gal.

Teri said...

Yay! God is faithful! So happy for you!

David and Donna said...

Congratulations. I wish you and your family all the best.