Monday, December 21, 2009

The Old is New Again...

When I first started dating again, I went back through my blog and pulled out several entries whose topics were more emotional as I went through my journey. My intention was not to "hide" what had happened to me, but God had brought such healing to my heart and unless you had been "on the ride with me" so to speak, I was afraid those moments in time would be misconstrued. That any man I might meet who was interested in getting to know me might read my blog and not understand the timeline of the entries and think that these were snapshots of where I was today. I thought they might think it was still emotional baggage I was hanging on to rather than read it for what it was - a woman dealing with her baggage and moving on.

I went back today and added those posts back. 1)what a testimony of God's grace and my journey. 2)I had more people tell me what a blessing my honesty and transparency was to them as I chronicled. 3)I am comfortable with my relationship with Steve and have shared pretty much everything with him and I know he understands that where I came from over the past 2.5 years has helped make me into the woman he has fallen in love with. So, for any of you who are interested, scroll back through and pick up some of those very raw entries...it may help you to understand the miracle of who I am and where I am right now even better.

And give HIM the glory for it all. Hind sight is always 20/20...but when the pieces are recorded you can see the big picture even more clear. And it is an amazing one that I can take NO credit for - absolutely none. I tried every way I could to screw it up and still Jesus Christ found a way to restore, renew. How DOES He do it? :)

I love Him. more and more and more... What a wonderful husband He has been to me. I hope I don't loose sight of that as I gain another earthly husband. I know I will be a much better wife for Steve if I keep my relationship with Christ as #1.

No comments: