Saturday, September 6, 2008

Miami River Days






I took the boys to River Days at Miami U Hamilton Campus today. We had a lot of fun. Free face painting and balloon animals (of course, both got super hero masks painted on their faces - their ENTIRE faces - my camera went kaput. AND they didn't want a balloon doggy. No, they opted for balloon laser guns and swords.), inflatables, a long horn steer, speed boat races, water skiers building a human pyramid, a Captain Jack Sparrow impersonator (what HE had to do with Ohio history/Miami river I'll never know), a Native American pow wow complete with costumed dancers, singers, and drummers, a hayride, and some civil war "re-enactments"...mainly just firing off of very loud cannons. The boys were completely in their element.

2 comments:

Theophilus said...

Lori I was reading one of the blogs you posted where you offer a prayer and I was impressed to share with you a prayer I recently read from this precious book I purchased entitled "The Valley of Vision"

Lord, High and Holy, Meek and Lowly,

Thou hast brought me to the valley of Vison, where I live in the depths but see thee in the heights;
hemmed in by mountains of sin I behold thy glory.

Let me learn by paradox
that the way down is the way up,
that to be low is to be high,
that the broken heart is the healed heart,
that the contrite spirit is the rejoicing spirit,
that the repenting soul is the victorious soul,
that to have nothing is to possess all,
that to bear a cross is to wear a crown,
that to give is to receive,
that the valley is the place of vision.

Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells, and the deeper the well the brighter thy stars shine;

Let me find thy light in my darkness,
thy life in my death,
thy joy in my sorrow,
thy grace in my sin,
thy riches in my poverty,
they glory in my valley.

Lori said...

AMEN!