Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pursuit

In my faith journey, I've come to realize there are times when we must pursue God. That He is leading, perhaps JUST out of reach to see if we will follow... like parents do when they are trying to teach their children to walk. Ever close by, ready to pick us up if we stumble, but none-the-less allowing us to work a little.

And then there are the times He pursues us. With reckless abandon. Times that seem to make no sense. Where He, like Hosea, pursues the wayward, harlot of a wife. The one who keeps going back to her sin, to her lovers, to her idolatry of pleasure. Even on purpose. And still He pursues - even when He has every right to wash His hands clean of us and turn us loose.

It is for that I am thankful tonight.

You know how I will know my next husband? He will pursue me. Like Christ pursues His bride.

No comments: