Saturday, October 7, 2006

September in Ohio

We recently found ourselves on a whirl-wind, action-packed family adventure to Ohio! It was kind of last-minute, but lots of fun. Here is our jouney in pictures...















We got to go to KY for a family reunion of sorts. KY is a beautiful state full of interesting people...many of which are related to me. I can assure you, however, this vehicle did not belong to anyone in my party. This was spotted at a small gas station in Mt. Vernon. You may want to click the picture and zoom in on the license plate. I really don't know what else to say about this - I can't even believe they sell these, much less that someone would actually buy it and display it in public. Ah, Appalachia....















Our flight home had a brief layover in Michigan. The airport was designed with kids in mind! They had several play areas along the way. Ethan and Noah enjoyed this little playhouse while waiting to board.















Here is a picture of the extended family that was able to meet in KY and go spelunking. This is taken outside our "family cave".















This cave was on family property and run as a tourist site by our family for years. I have many fond memories of our yearly reunions that always included a tour through the cave and all the facinating stories that went along with it. Many years ago, it was sold to the University of Cincinnati and there is no more tourism. We were able to pull some strings to go through it one more time. Lots of history in that cave. "Fire Down Below" with Steven Segal has some scenes that were filmed in there. Haven't seen it. You couldn't pay me enough to watch 2 hours of Steven Segal...hurts just to think about it!















Ethan and his cousins enjoyed picking up large "logs" and "rocks" - leftover props from the movie. It's really amazing what they can do with styrofoam!




















Part of the reason behind our trip was my brother's 30th birthday bash. Yep. Nothing will make you feel old like your little brother turning 30. We had a great time. Of course, what would a party be without dancing? And you know me, even if I'm the only one out there, I gotta dance! Usually the kids felt sorry for me and joined along.






























That's my dad. Now you know where I get my goofiness! :)
Also note Ethan...took him a while to warm up, but he was really bustin' some moooooves!

And here is mom and dad both getting into the rhythm. I didn't have the heart to tell them that no one does the "bump" anymore... :)

No comments: