Thursday, January 25, 2007

Bell Museum of Natural History

The U of M has a very nice little daytrip museum...filled with dead things. Lots and lots of taxidermied animals displayed in their natural habitats. Here, Ethan and Noah try out the peat bog. Sorry about the flash spot.
The museum is pretty interactive - this is a bear den with "bear coats" that kids can wear. Noah wanted no part of it. I couldn't get Ethan to come back out.

Here they are in front of the bear display. I tried to learn from my earlier mistake and turned off the flash - that wasn't so hot, either. Maybe I should take a photography class.

Our public library system has partnered with Macy's to offer this museum adventure series - we go to the library and check out a pass that allows free admission for 4 and free parking to several spots around the cities. It's been a lot of fun to check out places we normally wouldn't spend the money to go check out. I've also discovered several internet groups in my area that organize or at least inform each other of free or cheap things to do around town. I'm gonna love homeschooling...I can tell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bear pictures are great....the boys are so cute

mom