Monday, August 11, 2008

Lori's new classroom



THE TOYS...YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE TOYS!!!!!!! I get the feeling that I will not have to worry about buying my own supplies with this district. Oh how decadent I feel...




Every 2 classes share a common lab prep and storage room. Somebody was THINKING!!!

I have more cabinet space than I know what to do with! It's awesome. Plus...check out the projector. Apparently its a new technology my district is piloting. It turns an ordinary white board into a SmartBoard, AND has a 3-D camera that can project any object I place under it - kind of like an overhead. All of this will be run from my laptop station. No more scrambling for Vis-a-vis markers, no more cleaning transparencies and using a bazillion paper towels to dry them, no more rainbow fingers at the end of the day!!!


Can you tell I'm excited?!?!?!?! I'm not a complete traitor...Though I am not an "Indian" but a "Thunderhawk"...it's all part of Native American history, right?


I also think I'm going to bag the supplemental for Theater Technical Director and had a lot of fun at the training for the sound and light board...state of the art, of course.


Well, if I had to go back to work, this is certainly the way to do it. I feel like a gamer who just got hired at Wizard of the West Coast!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations! Looks like a sweet set-up.

blue_sue said...

Looks awesome! I am sooooo happy for you. Can I borrow your Ruby Slippers?

Angie