Sunday, November 2, 2008

Disney on the rocks...

So here we are in our hoity-toity US Bank Arena BOX (you heard right...it's all about who you know, people...private box with unlimited drinks, private restroom, dinner served, chips and popcorn to snack on...I've been officially "spoiled") awaiting the start of "Disney on Ice"...




We started out with their FULL attention - it is Lightening McQueen, after all!
But once Ariel and the Prince kissed all was lost...
Direct quote from Ethan: "Aw, mom. Is this going to be a girl show?"
But wait...Lion King. Hope springs eternal! Stampeding Wildebeest's and Lions, etc. Ok, this can work (with the exception of "Can't you feel the love tonight...")
But then came act 2 - entirely devoted to.....
TINKER BELL.
Disney may know their audience, but they are going to loose and entire generation of males if they keep up all this princess crap all the time!
C'mon - give us pirates and space adventures, and danger and swordplay!
(the girl in me did think it was pretty, though...but I gotta stand up for 'me boys!)
Mommy's favorite part of the show: getting obviously hit on by the much younger ice cream vendor! ;) Course, I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with him trying to sell me $5 scoops of Cold Stone and had EVERYTHING to do with the fact that I'm just a hot tamale... (eye roll)


And here is just a random shot I forgot about from our "welcome home' party on Labor Day. MMMMMMM...cupcakes good!

No comments: