Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Candids and Musings...

In spite of having to change my plans at the last minute, I've had a very memorable and fun summer with my kids! Busy days, lazy days...just as it should be, I think.


While on a walk with the boys early summer, they pointed out that I just had to take a picture of these blooms because "they are your favorite color, mama...purple!" They are going to make wonderful husbands one day if they keep paying that close attention! :)

a photo of Noah on the Diego ride at KI...I missed it with the other KI photos. I love the elation on his face!

Noah thinks it's cool when he learns a "trick": aka - a way to do something that is not the way it's usually done.
...like scaling the ladder from underneath...

They never grow tired of swinging! One of my playground favorites as well. Here is Ethan and Noah with cousin Lexi.

Ethan flipping around on the bars...he has completely outgrown any "cautious" phase he had. Though I still sense in him a reluctance to look silly sometimes. I don't push him, but try to lead by example - I look silly enough for all of us some days! :) LOL!

Cousin Lexi, Noah, Ethan.

This summer will also be memorable because of a new friend and romance in my life. I am thankful for Steve and enjoying the adventure. I didn't know there were men out there like him and ones with which I would be so compatible! God is slowly restoring the years the locust have eaten in my life... :) I'm very happy and excited. I'm finally enjoying the journey again!

1 comment:

SW said...

Thank you Lori. My prayer is that I always remain true to the man you see in me. You are a wonderful mother, a true companion and an amazing friend. You have made the past three months of my life very memorable.