Sunday, July 29, 2007

Anniversary

Today was my 17th anniversary. In just 2 more years, I would have been married longer than I was single - and I had no intentions of ever having it any other way.

Many lies tried to ensnare me today. But the Lord lead me to this passage to encourage me:
Prov. 31:10 "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. 12She brings (her husband) good not harm all the days of her life. 25She is clothed in strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 29Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

My true husband and the lover of my soul has gently wrapped his arms around me and reminded me of my worth by speaking intimate words of love into my heart. A treasure is no less a treasure because a fool cannot recognize it as such. The problem lies with the fool - not the treasure. Today, I know my worth is far above rubies, that strength and dignity are my covering.

And what use does a ruby have for a fool?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are worth all the diamonds, rubies, emeralds in the world... how much is the "Hope Diamond" worth? Well add that in too, and all the gold in Fort Knox, and jewels in the Tower of London...
You are priceless and don't you forget it!

Leave the fools to their own STUPIDITY!

Love,
Angie