Monday, July 16, 2007

Bittersweet Milestones

Today we had a milestone with Ethan. He began learning to ride a 2-wheeler without any training wheels. It was so exciting and I was so proud of him! His aunt Holly and his grandpa (my dad) helped him. He was grinning from ear to ear - and didn't even fall down once! The bittersweet part comes from that fact that this is a moment I always pictured him sharing with his daddy. Ah, well...guess there will be a lot of those in the future. I just gotta not make a big deal about it to him and he won't even know the difference. Just part of the sadness that is my burden to bear for now. I will post pictures as soon as I get home so you all can see it!

I'm so grateful that God's grace has surrounded my boys and He has sent many Godly, positive men to pour into their lives. From the simple, daily things such as wrestling time with my brother or our dear friend Eric Ostroot, to the more complex, permanent life-kind of things and disciplines. Both of my boys have amazingly embraced more prayer time, praise time and even seem to be absorbing more in their Biblical education times. And, even though it is technically the "dad's" role, since we don't have one around, I've taken the reins of pronouncing a blessing on them every evening - they really relish this! It's a special moment between us all.

Just another testimony to God's faithfulness and goodness. How could I ever fall away from a love so sweet and pure?

No comments: