Friday, July 27, 2007

Ohio Trip Pictures

As promised, here is a photo journal of our Ohio trip:
Ethan is as dramatic when it comes to horseshoes as he is throwing a baseball. Or is he executing some Tai Chi movement...the happy flamingo or something. Look at that form!
Noah enjoyed just running around the trees...
And trying to pump his own head up like uncle Brandon did that ball.

Here is a rare moment that I actually got all the cousins to stand still for about 30 seconds and smile - well, except for Noah. Still cute, though.
Ethan certainly has made up for his first few years of cautious exploration - now he tries just about anything and surprises me with his daring.
At our picnic, it began to sprinkle. The kids loved it and didn't mind getting a bit wet - until uncle Brandon walked out holding a paper plate on his head for an umbrella - that's all it took. Uncle Brandon is quite the trend-setter.

Noah sharing a tender moment with Aunt Carla and Uncle Brandon.

And here was the biggest surprise - Ethan actually wanted to try a 2 wheeler without training wheels - and a big one, too. At first he was just pushing it around with his feet, but soon Grandpa jumped right in and helped out. The road being a slight downward incline helped a bit, too. Never wrecked once! Now, since we've been home, he's chickened out a bit with his own bike - I'm not gonna push him. I think it helped having older cousins that could ride already spurring him on.


Ah, this was a gift just for mommy. The kids all come running over from a playground area exclaiming there is a snake. Now this has been claimed before - and it turned out to be a worm. So, at first, I wasn't too excited. Then they said "it's eating a frog" and I took off with my camera! Always the biologist...the frog was alive until the bitter end. So cool!
Ethan enjoyed some much missed wrestle time with uncle Brandon. Uncle Brandon claimed to have not sweat so much in years...


I just had to get one good photo to document my weight loss so far - and my cute new flared jeans and fitted top. I haven't bought "real" clothes for myself in years. It was kind of fun! Total weight lost: 30 lbs since June 3rd. Plus the 230 lbs or so of lies that were gone rather instantly.

And here is the "new" Funderburk family - my two brave knights in shining armor. My heros.

Ethan and Noah with "mammaw and papaw"...
And with Granny and Poppie. Poppie gets a big kick out of my boys.
What memories came flooding back of being a kid and sitting in the porch swing with your grandparents. Of course, no matter how much innocence is lost as the world and life beats on you, you can always count on family...

2 comments:

Teri said...

Lori, You look AWESOME!! I love the flared jeans too! Love you friend, and I'm thinking of you often!

Teri

Anonymous said...

Hey Hot Stuff! I love your jeans! It was great to see you. I love you cuz!

Angie