Friday, July 13, 2007

Family

My boys and I are in Ohio for a week. My aunt Para passed away and I thought it was a good excuse to get away and be with my family for a bit. It's bittersweet, given both my aunt's death and my husband's betrayal, but it's good to be around people who've loved you for your entire life unconditionally.

In spite of the sadness, one of the things that is kind of fun is my weight loss. I've updated my look with some cute, hip clothes now that I'm down a few sizes and since my family hasn't seen me in a while, it's a more dramatic response. And, with the wedding ring gone, it's a bit weird being noticed by other men as well. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time - but it feels a bit like high school/college! :) Of course the kind of attention I may be getting right now is just the same kind of attention my husband is giving other women, so it's just meaningless fluff and not what I want or need right now...but it feels good to be reminded that you are an attractive, vibrant woman.

Anyway, my family has been very supportive and so far the visit has been a positive thing. I was a bit nervous at the possibility of questions and reactions, but I've been pleasantly relieved at their restraint from pushing too hard for information, but willingness to lend a shoulder or hug.

You know - another testimony to the Grace of God - my sons seem to be just fine. They are surrounded by strong, Godly men who are pouring into their lives and Christ is proving himself to be a father to them and husband to me.

Keep praying! I love you all.

No comments: