Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A little visit from sunny SC...

Grandma and Grandpa Funderburk came for a visit last week and had an early Christmas with the boys. It was bittersweet to spend time with them, especially with Rob's absence. But they are my family and have been for half of my life. And no divorce decree will change that. Please lift them up in your prayers. They are just as heart broken and confounded as the rest of us who love Rob.

Ethan got "Optimus Prime" for Christmas. He has slept with this thing every night since! :)
Took us a full hour just to figure out how to "transform" it between a truck and robot. The pictures in the instructions are rather worthless.

Noah was completely mesmerized by the kaleidoscope. It makes me smile when the simplest toys bring the most wonder. Who needs batteries or flashing lights?

Ethan and Noah have begun a "I want to sleep in bubby's bed" phase...at least a couple of times a week. I figure it won't last long, so why not. They think they are having a "sleep over". It's sweet.

The boys always appreciate time to wrestle and tickle with Grandpa!

Ethan was quite proud of his "Gingerbread" House and wanted us to snap some pics of the finished project. What have I learned about my son by doing this project with him? That he did not get my sense of orderliness and spacial balance. He just haphazardly threw candy all over it. I've had to learn to let some things go... :) Of course, you can probably pick out my contribution right away - the straight row of alternating striped chocolate chips on the roof. Yep. Balanced and orderly. I don't do abstract well.



Ethan was proud to show off his school work.
Noah has discovered the world of telecommunication. There is nothing he loves better than a phone. He and Ethan will play talking on the phone for very long periods of time.


You may think this is just Grandpa enjoying some cuddle time. Personally, I think he got down to change a diaper and just couldn't get back up again. ;)


No comments: