Friday, March 6, 2009

30ish?

Du-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-nuh! Today is my Birthday! Du-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-nuh! We're gonna have a good time!...

I have a second date tonight! Woo-hoo! With Mr. "you are ravishingly beautiful and I'm going to kiss your hand and tell you what an amazing woman I think you are..." :)

You know the benefit of dating when you are older? You can enjoy the ego boost and the compliments knowing full well this guy is putting on all the charm he can muster for you. You can allow yourself to have fun and enjoy yourself while knowing that it's not exactly real or true. There is an agenda to dating, of course. You don't, like the school girl you used to be, give your heart away at the first words of affection whispered to you. You can allow yourself to be appreciated by a member of the opposite sex without assuming, or hoping such appreciation is more than just appreciation. Just enjoy the company, enjoy a possible new friendship, and be thankful you have an adult your age to converse with in a relaxed, casual manner.

So I'm feeling good! I'm still loosing weight - but now it's because I'm eating right and exercising regularly(so it's slower, but healthier than before). Loving the exercise! Job is going well. Kids are adjusting, and I'm beginning to get more involved at church and have a social life apart from my kids and family. Also still feeling good inside - like some healing threshold was finally reached. Honestly, I hardly give him a second thought of late. And that feels REALLY GOOD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl.