Sunday, March 1, 2009

Favs #5

Monty Python

Here is another mixed review: These guys were AWESOME and quirky and fun, though at times inappropriate and irreverent. So there is much of their stuff I would never recommend you watching and I, myself, avoid. But I find that in almost every situation or conversation I have, there is a line from one of their skits or movies that is always at the ready to insert itself.
It's funny - my mother uses them as a gauge of someone who has a terrible sense of humor, while I use them in an opposite way. Seems like everyone I've met either loves their humor or hates it. But you have to admit - they certainly blazed a trail that led to some mighty fine comedy...and eventually to groups like Kids in the Hall.
If you never expected me to have Monty Python listed as one of my favorites, then I only have one thing to say: "no one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition". :)

No comments: