Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just had the most beautiful hike down to cedar falls in hocking hills. Wore the wrong shoes or I would have done one of the caves or the gorge overlook. I think I was able to identify at least 8 DIFFERENT mosses growing on the rocks around the falls...I LOVE NATURE!!!

The weather turned out nice after all. Sun came out. Got a little humid and me in jeans, but not too bad...especially when hiking in the woods.

Man, I grew up in this state and never knew we had such scenery. Breathtaking! The drive to and from was scenic as well...farm after farm with oasis of trees and forest in the background and spotting the fields. Green fields of corn, gold fields of wheat, old red barns and silos against that backdrop...nostalgic Americana. Know what? I think the Midwest is underrated in this country. I know I've taken it for granted. Glad I have the opportunity to rediscover it.

No comments: