Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My "vacation"...

As you can see, my boys are HEARTBROKEN at the idea of being away from mommy. They are soooo ready for their SC adventure with grandma and grandpa!

Here are the hapless victims, er, I mean, grandma and grandpa... :) You can see Ethan in the background trying DESPERATELY to make bunny ears on grandma for the pic! That's what he does...

And now, a few "out and about Columbus" pics that I took on my cell phone. I really wasn't being a tourist yet...these are just a couple impromptu ones. All my touristy ones are on my SD card and I will get them uploaded when I get home.

First: someone actually took the SNL skit and built a business around it. I know it's just not right, but I couldn't believe it and had to get a picture. For those of you who know this skit, you will be laughing. For the rest of you, best case: you will be scratching your head wondering what the joke is. Worst case: you will think I've completely lost my mind to post something such as this. I apologize for the latter in advance...but I just could not pass it up for those of us who know the skit.


Later that evening, while eating dinner with a friend, one of the largest gaggle of geese I've ever seen together strolled ever so casually through the parking lot. Now I've seen geese before - you can't swing a bat without hitting one in MN, but there was just so MANY in this one family group... I don't care who you are. Having THAT many kids is impressive! Just look at the Duggers, John and Kate, etc. Granted there are many more parents in this group to share the stress...




Today, in spite of the rain, I am off to Chillicothe and Hocking Hills. Didn't plan that too well, I guess.

No comments: