Monday, June 15, 2009

I know, I know...

Boy, it's been a while since I updated. I have a lot of pics from the past month to get up here. But now that school is over, I wanted to take a minute to update you very briefly.

First, my vocal surgery was last Friday the 12th. I want to honor God for His hand on the procedure...one of the "pre nodes" had developed into a full blown node because of continued use during school of course. When the doctor went to cut if off, if just sort of slid right off my chords. He didn't have to cut at all. The other side was still in "pre" mode and needed a thin slice right along the edge. I've been pretty good about being voiceless...helps that Ethan and Noah are at Grandma and Grandpa Funderburks for another week. I've only messed up a couple of times, so hopefully that won't be a big deal.

So the prognosis is good. I hope to be singing again before the end of this year. Oh, how I have missed it!

I am currently taking advantage of my "sans children" time and am off on an adventure of sorts around the state. I am exploring the city of Columbus today. Will have dinner with a friend tonight, probably finish up some museums, etc. in Columbus tomorrow, then head out to Hocking Hills or Amish country. Work my way back and see Ft. Ancient and explore a bit of Cincy. I'm kinda excited. No agenda. Just me and some friends on occasion, I've never done this before and I'm enjoying my singleness and my "non mommy status" for a bit. I do miss hearing those boys laugh and getting snuggles, though!

I've enabled text updating, so I'll give it a try while I'm out and about!

Keep me in your prayers as I recover - that it may be quick and complete.

Love you all!

No comments: