Saturday, October 4, 2008

They've got my vote!


This is the state of my political involvement this year. Sad, so sad...yet freeing! :) Actually I saw a bumper sticker that summed up my feelings even more. It read....


Jesus, 2008
please come get us before November!


OK - now I'm going to let my completely immature humor come out and share with you the two best Republican "slogans" I've heard (they make me giggle)...

#1 - I'm republican....because not everyone can be on welfare.

#2 - McCain 2008... because old is still better than stupid.


Please understand - I'm much more of an intelligent thinker than that - but they are funny! :) And yes, I do believe in helping my fellow man who needs it...why I've benefitted the past year from our welfare program. But you and I both know it is abused, lacks accountability, and enables the dishonest. Plus it is extremely wasteful. And I'm suspicious of Obama. Sorry...just am. Where did he come from? Who is he really? How did he rise so quickly from obscurity? As the White Stripes sing..."I think I smell a rat".


So I will do my civic duty and exercize the right my suffragete sisters fought for me to have. But this year is a year I am very disgusted with the two party system. I mean, I have more choices in ketchup at the grocery store than I have in leader of my country. And that is just wrong.


Even though I'm not typically a "party line" voter, and I don't think there is any candidate that represents my views very thoroughly this year, I do have to set one thing straight. We did not have this financial crisis until we elected a democratically run congress. There. I said it. Yes, Bush may be president, but he really has no control over the economics - not like congress. So I'm voting for change, all right. GET THE DEMS OUT BEFORE THEY BANKRUPT US ALL!!!! Let THEM rescue Wall Street. My paycheck is stretched enough.

No comments: