Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kings Island

I remember growing up, a special treat was a day at Kings Island amusment park. Then, as a teen, I remember getting a season's pass for my birthday several years in a row. Well, the entrance fee has become such that 2 trips will pay for a season's pass, so season's passes it is! It's close enough to make going just for a couple of hours worth it - meaning we can go on Friday after work (when hardly anyone is there) or Sunday afternoon (when hardly anyone is there) or on holidays (when hardly anyone is there...) Add to that the fact that my brother's family and my cousin's family has them, and we have an instant outing and playdate for kids and parents alike! Here's some pics and videos from the boys first few trips so far this year...
After spinning in circles for the first half of the ride, Noah finally got in the game by cousin Abby ramming him. He loved it!
No fear. My boys are coaster fans. Good for them. Took me until the age of 14 or 15. But once I did, I was hooked.
Noah is still young enough to appreciate the simple rides like the choo choo. The sheer joyous expression says it all.


Ethan is ever ready to mug for the camera. He REALLY surprised me. As a toddler, he was always so careful. Now, he throws himself into some things without even thinking. The kid got on the Son of Beast with me! 80 MPH wooden coaster that goes unfathomably high. He was a little nervous at some parts, but when it ended and I asked him how it was, his reply was "just right!" There was one moment I was sure he was gonna barf on me, and I kept hearing him reassure himself "I'm OK. It's almost over." But he's ready to go again...
Below are a couple of videos that Uncle Tom took of the boys. Hope they work.




No comments: