Monday, May 4, 2009

why blogging in two places is confusing...

Because you make a comment on one that is related to a comment on the other, and your readers end up confused.

It was brought to my attention that some of you had no idea WHAT I was talking about when I referred to the "sexiness" I had achieved with my lights as being negated by the tediousness of the sound system. I thought to myself "what's wrong with these people? Can they not read my very clever and witty statement about feeling all sexy with my baseball hat backwards, work gloves on and my pockets full of wrenches while I adjust the theater lights?" And then it hit me - that very "clever and witty" statement was a status update on Facebook. Duh. No wonder some of you were wondering what was wrong with my head (not that you don't wonder that anyway... LOL).

So anyway, to clarify - using tools and knowing what you are doing = sexy. Having an unruly sound system kick your butt and show you you have NO IDEA what you are doing = unsexy. There you have it. Yin and Yang.

As far as the play goes - the lights were beautiful. The sound, however, made it's debut as diva in training. Until someone who knew what they were doing helped me out. I got the lights. But I still have a lot to learn about that sound board. GRRRRRRR....I'll get it, though. NEVER GIVE UP!!!

No comments: