Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lori's Vacation Series: COSI

This was part of the trip I was really looking forward to. Since moving from MN, I have really missed the Science Museum and working there! COSI was everything people told me it would be and more. I was very impressed. Best part? Since I am technically still a SMM employee, I got into COSI for FREE!!!! Just flashed my badge...yep. It's all about connections, people! :)

Their special exhibit right now is big machines. I kept thinking "oh, my boys would love this!" Truth is, mommy kinds likes big machines, too!


No science themed museum would be complete without a dino somewhere...

If I am correct, this is the Scioto river running through Columbus. We are on the back side of COSI.

Columbus really is a lovely town...I really enjoyed my time there. And I really liked their alternative station: CD 101

You could ride on the high wire bike...pretty cool!

All of these x rays were some weird injury. Some made me laugh...I knew I shouldn't...

This enormous wire skeleton was really cool. It spanned 3 floors. No way I could get it all in the picture.

Outside in "Science Park". This is one of those "anti-gravity" rides that spin and pin you against the wall. Not for me, thank you. Unless you want to see what I ate for breakfast today. ;)

This was a really cool exhibit all about the ocean and the forces associated with it. The interactive displays were fun and really creative.

A mini sub in the ocean exhibit.

A giant lever in Science Park - yes that is a real car those kids are lifting.

Another view of the spin ride. Ugh. Makes me a little queasy just to watch it.

I WILL be back to COSI and to Columbus!

No comments: