Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lori's Vacation Series: Downtown Cincy

I know it's not the biggest, brightest, most happening city in the US, but visiting reminds me of how I felt each time I'd come home from Lee College. My Lee years was the first time I'd ever lived outside of this area, and I learned to identify myself as a Cincinnatian. It fostered a pride for my hometown that never would have developed if I had never left. So, Cincinnati, hail to thee!

Statue of Cincinnatus. The Roman farmer turned soldier turned farmer again that our fair city was named after.


The famous "Purple People Bridge" connecting Cincy with Newport/Covington. It's two great states for the price of one! :)

We may not be the Mississippi, but we like our paddle boats.

The waterfront area was developed after I left for college, so it's still kind of new to me. This is the serpentine wall. This and the bridge is part of the "riverwalk" along the Ohio on the Cincy side. Very nice day trip. Especially if there is some special event or festival going on.
One of my favorite views in the world: coming around the bend into Covington (heading north on 75) and seeing the Cincy skyline. It always makes me feel like "I'm home" even though I know I still have at least 30 more minutes to drive! :)





No comments: