Monday, March 8, 2010

My Birthday

I had the most GLORIOUS birthday weekend I've had in a long time! Saturday morning began with a good workout, Ethan's basketball game, and my sweetheart surprising me with Starbucks! (Have I mentioned how much I looooooooooove Starbucks?) Then we went to see Joe Wegman play in the OMEA Honors Orchestra in the early afternoon. Later a bit of impromptu shoe shopping (impromptu because my children will wear their shoes until their toes are poking through before they will say anything - an unfortunate trait that cost me over $70 in the end because of limited selection and size in some stores...). Steve picked me up at 5:30 and took me to eat Indian food (YUUUUUUMMMMMMY) and THEN to Fairfield's Crystal Classic Show Choir Competition! OH WHAT FUN!!!! Brought back a lot of memories from my days as a Choralier. The choirs are bigger, the sets, costumes and props are much more elaborate, and now they have full, live bands and their own tech crews. Boy are they spoiled! LOL!

The best part of the whole weekend was just getting to spend a lot of time with my love. God has seen fit to bless me with someone so amazing as a partner. I am grateful and overwhelmed some days. I honestly never thought I'd be able to love again like I did the first time. It's so amazing and different to have someone love you equally in return...I cannot wait to be Steve's wife. :)

Heck, if Steve manages to make every year feel this special, then I'm going to have no trouble at all growing old... ;)

No comments: