Saturday, December 27, 2008

Annual FHS Holiday reunion


Back row (l to r) Jen and Jenny
Front row (l to r) Robin, Maryanne, Steve, Eric, myself, Heather, Mark

Not pictured: various wives, husbands, significant others and Lori (Pfeffer), Heather's sister who came along behind us all, but is still a part of the "family".

For those of you who could not be there take comfort in this: you were talked about. And we laughed. A lot. ;) No, seriously...we missed you all!

What an amazing group of people. Even after 20 years (for me and Mare) we still have a special bond and this get together is becoming one I look forward to with great anticipation.

I went back on the FHS website today and re-read some of the posts and private e-mails sent to me when word of my impending divorce hit the site. The outpouring of love and support I received from people who had not seen me in YEARS was amazing. It reminded me of WHY these folks are my friends. And why high school was so great. It was because of all of them. So to my drama/Choralier friends from FHS: you all are the best. I am better for knowing you. Thank you all. I love you dearly.

A special thanks to Heather and her wonderfully supportive and patient husband Fred for hosting again this year.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Here, here!

It was a fun gathering, as always. Heather and Fred are great hosts, especially in light of her family events last night.

It was so good to see you, Lori. Hopefully it won't be a year until the next gathering.

Lori said...

I'm here....you are here...what's to stop us until next Christmas?

Oh, wait...kids. :)

I know it can't be every weekend, but I would absolutley love to do a girls lunch/dinner/breakfast/movie or even walk in the park every so often....

Lori