Friday, December 15, 2006

The halls are officially decked

Well, we finally finished the decorations. Not much, mind you. A few sentimental figurines, a nativity set (I learned a new word recently...creche), the tree, the wreath, and some well placed candles. This is the first year Ethan noticed we really don't do outside lights, so I figure I'll be one of those crazy people who get up early on the day after Christmas to try to load up on lights for next year.

This year, I stepped back from my trimming and decking responsibilities and let the kids have at it. Here is the result of our poor tree:


















I forgot that when you are only 2 foot high, this IS random and scattered! And this, mind you, is after I've already sneaked and moved a few ornaments around (the bottom limbs were hanging low from the weight of about 25% of the total ornaments being on them!) Noah thinks this is a toy tree - I find ornaments in various rooms around the house throughout the day.

The boys also helped me bake cookies this year. Another bit of perfectionism I had to let go of...Man, I'm doing GREAT this year!
















































Poor Mr. Snowman didn't even have a chance in this sprinkle storm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loved the pictures of the boys....especially the flour all over the face....i agree....poor snowman - he was in a storm and a half