Friday, December 8, 2006

High School

If you could go back and do high school all over again, would you? Would you do all of it or only portions? Is there any part of high school life that you would never repeat even if you were offered a gagillion dollars?

I had a pretty good high school experience - especially being involved with the swing choir and drama. I think I'd do it again. However, I'd want the option of being the person I am now and not the silly, petty, insecure girl I was then. Hmmmm...don't we all want that? I think it was Twain who said "youth is wasted on the young".

I would also repeat college - what a blast! As great as my high school friends were/are, I have maintained many very close relationships with college friends.

Of course, that's not to say I'm living in the past or anything. I also enjoy where I am right now, though I often wish I could have arrived here without much of the pain and lessons of life. Ah, well...no pain, no gain, huh? I also wish I could be closer to family and some of those aforementioned old friends.

No comments: