Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Idiot Knights

Today we were reviewing Sunday school lessons from this last Sunday. In Ethan's class, they learned about the Good Samaritan. Noah's class, being full of toddlers, mainly just gets a coloring page and a Bible story. Ethan is looking at the page asking me what it is a picture of. I say "that's a picture of when God helped Gideon defeat the Midianites." Ethan, always wanting more of the story, says..."so why did God help him beat the idiot knights?"

I couldn't answer for at least 5 minutes. Had to catch my breath and run to the bathroom before I wet myself!

We've had a lot of fun along this same vein with Christmas music this year as well. Some examples include the Three Kings from Glorian, the One-Horse slofen sleigh, and when you ask him to sing "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" he immediately breaks into air guitar and the Bruce S. version. He also thinks "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" is that song on Charlie Brown.

Yep. I think we've captured the spirit of the season around our house... :)

No comments: