Saturday, January 24, 2009

PS - last night's band

What fun! It wasn't quite the 80's cover I was expecting - it was more rock... Journey, Great White, Rush (and believe it or not, they were quite good on Tom Sawyer), Bon Jovi - I felt like I was back in high school at a dance! :) And they really were a good local garage band.

One thing I really enjoyed was the crowd. There was a group of mentally disabled adults there, and their aides, who were thoroughly enjoying the dance floor. What fun to see the absolute love of life itself and the complete enjoyment of abandonment to the music in dance. And the aides with them were not just standing on the sidelines, but right out there dancing with all their might along side of them. It was sweet and fun.

I am enjoying discovering new activities. I will definately add the local music scene to my list - I think next, I'll seek out some indy groups to see.

No comments: