Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow days...

First snow day was a novelty. Second was a restful blessing. Third...I'm just plain bored. Boy do I appreciate MNDOT!!!

The ice that fell made the trees look like glass ornaments. Luckily, not enough to break power lines and such. We've had heat and electricity the entire time, thank the Lord!

Mommies treat: a woodpecker (female Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker)
First, we measured. Estimates showed about 3-4 inches on bottom, about 1/2 inch of ice that fell as freezing rain on top of that, then another 4-5 inches. Of course, we've heard various "official" records, but it's right around the 8-9 inches total (for the snow)
This was a better snow than the first 3 inches. This packed. We immediately set to building a snowman. While it did pack, it's been so long since I made one, my skills are rusty. So he still ended up kind of small. Noah said it was his little brother... :)



Snow angels are a staple. Noah made snow "blobs"...

Not having a garage in Ohio really stinks. I had to dig my car out from under the snow, then hit the ice. My entire car was a glacier. Ethan enjoyed using his "karate" chops and kicks to break the ice. It slid off in huge sheets. It was really cool! Difficult to remove, but cool.

This is mommy - exhausted after shoveling, building snowmen, having an all-out snowball war, and spending a total of about 1.5 hours clearing the car by the time it was driveable. Ethan told me to make an "exhausted" face. I guess technically this is more of a "dead" face...just need "x's" on my eyelids.

No comments: