Friday, January 11, 2008

Boys

I remember when the idea of movie night was an artsy film, a good drama, a psychological thriller, a sci. fi or fantasy film, or a romantic comedy. Tonight's feature: Hot Wheels. The World Race.

'Course, mommy has hers for later. Something a bit more sophisticated. Like Spiderman 3. ;)

I'm all for a good action flick, but I have a feeling that it's going to be a while before I can expand the genera preference of my boys. It honestly reminded me of an MST3K we watched. One about Hercules. No lie - about 20 minutes of this movie was Hercules and some of his buddies climbing around on this mountain during a sand storm or something. The bots finally ran out of things to say, so it just became "yep. rock climbing. More rock climbing". They were weeping to make it stop. I didn't get that bad, but by the end of this movie I was saying "yep. more racing. more crashing. Oh, look, now they are racing in snow instead of sand. That crash had 4 cars instead of 2..." you get the picture.

But I dutifully sat there exclaiming with excitement how ultimately cool and wicked it all was.
Bonding with boys is easy. ;)

Gasp! I just realized...I'm gonna have to start liking NASCAR and sports, aren't I?

No comments: