Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Quick "Ethanism"

I just have to share this. We went to see "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" today and of course Ethan came home wanting nothing more than to play pirates with me and their new pirate ship play set they got for Christmas. Within minutes, the pirates were joined by Transformers and Lego space ships and were engaged in a desperate game of "steal the treasure". Back and forth we went, foiling one another and taking the treasure back to our secret lairs. One ploy I attempted was to "disguise" my pirate and try to become part of Ethan's crew to steal the treasure back. He told me he already had 4 men and there was no room. So I asked if I could go into his lair to use the bathroom thinking I'd take it that way. He exclaims he doesn't have a bathroom - it's just a cave. So I ask if I could have a drink...where does he keep the root beer? "Well, we don't really have any furniture or a refrigerator or nothing yet. We ordered it all on line on our computer, but it hasn't been delivered yet."

No bathroom or fridge, but apparently WIFI has now become a part of pirate lore and a staple amenity in caves world-wide. ;)

No comments: