Saturday, January 12, 2008

Today I learned

to appreciate the ringing ears that comes from the laughter and screams of 2 brothers playing and becoming friends. What a lovely sound! Honestly - I had to make a decision to appreciate it mind you, because at first it was irritating. But the more I thought about what that sound meant, the more thankful I became for my ringing ears.

Course, this DOES mean that I fully expect some compensation from both of them when I'm old and feeble and need hearing aids... :)

I'm also learning that other stuff really doesn't get done any slower if I take a break and play more. I think I was a bit more productive today in every area. That is a very good thing. We played Topple, Hi-Ho Cherry-O!, built a race track, made a blanket fort, and built a railway and played trains. And I still managed to do some dishes, laundry, take down all the Christmas decor AND put it back in the garage, shovel, make a quick trip to the grocery store, "cook" 3 meals (one was PB&J but still homemade!) give baths, talk to my mom on the phone for over an hour, check e-mail, take care of some business AND have a bit of worship and prayer time today! Phew! Who knew?

I think this is the "Fly System" (Flylady.com) kicking back in. I must be getting better! :)
Tonight I will reward myself with a candle-lit movie night. Maybe even a bubbly bath. AHHHHH...

Oh, tomorrow I get to sing on the worship team - last minute call around 8:30 tonight. I also may be singing the National Anthem at a few U of M Gopher Hockey games coming up! I'm excited! I will keep you posted.

One more quick praise - God worked out my child care so unbelievably. I knew He would, but this is even better than I thought. Not only is the woman a Christian and someone I know, but she lives in the district of my son's school, and he will get to ride the school bus to his school. He is sooooo excited! It also means I don't have to pay the extra for the before school care and drop him off and hour and 15 minutes before his school even starts...he didn't like it too much - it was boring for him and made him very tired by the end of the day. The provider will also take him to school and pick him up on days the bus doesn't run. So now, I have ONE location to take BOTH my boys and it's right on my way to work and I don't have to worry about Ethan's transportation to and from school, the mornings will be a bit more leisurely and a bit later and they won't have to eat cereal bars in the car every morning!

OK - gonna go have my "me" time now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is so AWESOME!

Your Cuz,
Angie